Owning a crystal ball speaks volumes about your personality and your beliefs. Not everyone has them in their home and so you know that you’ve got something special. Having a crystal ball means you are chill, down-to-earth, and peace-loving, am I right? However, how you care for your crystal ball also speaks volumes about yourself. If your crystal ball is there along with your dusty books or your children’s toys, then what is the use for it, really?
See, a crystal ball is an important medium for Pagans, as you must know. It is a communication tool, a bridge between you and the Divine. So clearly, this is not something you treat with disrespect!
So there are two things you should do– CLEAN and CLEANSE!
Cleaning your crystal ball covers the physicality while Cleansing covers the spirituality or metaphysicality of it. So, you clean to remove dirt and you cleanse to remove absorbed negativity.
Your crystal ball, when taken good care of, will brighten your home, altar, space, and dispel negativity!
- To clean your crystal ball start by placing the stopper in your sink.
- Place a towel in your sink, then fill your sink with water (if you can use natural water like rainwater, that would be excellent!), enough to completely submerge your crystal ball in.
- Then, mix in two tablespoons of sea salt in the water. Stir to dissolve.
- Place your crystal ball in the water and leave it there for 24 hours.
- Remove the crystal ball from the water and dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- Place it back on its base or back to where you store it and cover it with a dark cloth.
- To cleanse your crystal ball, use incense like sage, frankincense or sandalwood to smudge.
- Light the incense and place it in a holder beside your crystal ball.
- Then, take the incense and wave it over your crystal ball, letting the flames waft over it.
- Once you feel like you’ve bathed the crystal ball enough in smoke, extinguish it.
- Wipe the crystal ball with a lint-free cloth.
Crystal balls are best placed on their stands. But there are instances when you want to store them for safekeeping, and that’s ok. Just make sure you store them in a box or safe cabinet where the crystal ball won’t come in contact with other items that may break, scratch, or dirty it. The best thing would be to cover your crystal ball with a soft cloth when you store it, for extra protection.
Care for your crystal ball the way you would care for the things you treasure, like your other altar tools or how about the only thing your mom ever left you before she passed. If you are lucky enough to own one, then you are lucky enough to care for one! 🙂